Terms & Conditions of Membership
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following expressions shall bear the meanings assigned to them below:
- "The studio" means Graeme and Lysta Reardon or their appointed instructors.
- "Start Date” means the date the client has first contact with the Studio.
- "Class Fee” means the fees payable for personal and class tuition.
- "Proprietor” means Graeme or Lysta Reardon.
ACCEPTANCE AS A MEMBER
- The Proprietor has absolute discretion as to whether to accept any client request for personal or class tuition. If an application for tuition is accepted by the Proprietor, Membership shall commence on the tuition Start Date as as per and only upon completion of a client questionnaire. The client questionnaire shall constitute a binding contractual arrangement between the Proprietor and the Member upon these terms and conditions.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Neither us, our employees, agents or subcontractors will be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property brought onto our premises; or any death, personal injury or illness occurring on or resulting from use of our premises (including that caused by use of facilities and/or equipment unless caused by our employees, agents, subcontractors or our negligent act or omission.)
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that you correctly operate or use any facilities and/or equipment (including adjusting levels or settings) which we provide. If you are in any doubt about how to correctly operate any equipment, you must consult the studio representative before use.
- Some areas of our studios are unsupervised and we do not accept responsibility for any harm or injury to you whilst using them unless caused by our employee’s, agents or subcontractors or our negligent act or omission.
- You will not abuse the facilities or equipment of the studios and you will pay for any damage to our property where you wilfully or negligently (including in relation to 3b) cause such damage.
- PHYSICAL CONDITION OF MEMBER
- The Member warrants and represents that she is in good physical condition and that she is capable of engaging in active and passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- Membership of the studio is personal to the Member. Any assignment, transfer or other disposal of Membership is at the sole discretion of the proprietor (subject to transfer fee).
- The studio is a proprietary studio owned by the Proprietor.
- All Members are required to abide and adhere to the Club Rules and Regulations.
- TUITION FEES
- Tuition fee’s apply as set out overleaf which are payable immediately upon becoming a member. Tuition fees are only refundable at the discretion of the proprietor.
- Tuition fees for members past their initial obligation date may be increased at our discretion subject to giving you 1 month’s notice.
- In the event that you default on any payments due under this agreement, we reserve the right to refer the matter to a Debt Collection Agency and a fee of £25 will be added to the debt in respect of Collection charges. Similarly, if you move during your membership period without informing us and there are monies owed by you, a fee of £25 will also be added to the debt if the matter is referred to a Tracing Agent to locate your current address.
- MEMBERSHIP DURATION
- There is no maximum or minimum membership period.
- We reserve the right to take photographs of our facilities (which may include you, provided your inclusion is incidental, for press and promotional purposes provided we give reasonable notice.)
- Our failure to enforce any of our rights at any time, for any period and for whatever reason will not be construed as a waiver of such rights, neither will any failure to identify or act upon your breach of the terms of this contract be deemed to be an affirmation by us that your behaviour is acceptable.
- Where a provision of this contract is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable by any UK Court, the provision will be deleted but such deletion will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- We may assign or transfer the benefit of this contract or sub-contract our obligations under it, to any other legal entity at any time without notice to you except as permitted by 11d, the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are excluded.
- Except where permitted by this contract, neither party may alter the terms and conditions without the written agreement of the other party and no written or oral representation by either party will serve to modify or amend these terms and conditions in any way.
- Relevant United Kingdom law shall apply to this contract and the relevant Courts of the United Kingdom shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in relation to it.
- USE OF STUDIO FACILITIES
- Unless otherwise stated our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified. If you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to undertake physical exercise we strongly recommend that you take independent medical advice before undertaking any exercise.
- You may not use any of our facilities whilst suffering from any infectious or contagious illness that could affect others within the club.
- HOURS OF OPENING
- Details of the Club’s normal hours of operation and the hours in which any facility within the Club are available to Members may be obtained from the Proprietors upon request. Such hours may be lengthened or shortened at the entire discretion of the proprietors, who shall endeavour to give Members reasonable notice of the lengthening or shortening of such hours.
- The Proprietor reserves the right to close the Club for two weeks in each calendar year for maintenance or upgrades.
- If through circumstances beyond the control of the Proprietor the Club is unable to provide the full range of services and facilities as advertised, the Member shall not be liable to pay any tuition Fees under these terms and conditions.
We’re here to help. Call us and speak with an
Inbound call marketing specialist